Welcome From Chief Hawkins
Thank You for visiting the Carthage Police Department website. I am truly honored to serve our community and this department. The Carthage Police Department has a proud history of serving a town that is rich in history, tradition and cultural diversity. I can assure you that our officers and staff care very deeply about the quality of life for all citizens in Carthage.
Our police employees are men and women of integrity, character and courage. We are committed to providing a high level of professional and courteous service to our community. The mission of our department is:
- "To work with our citizens in order to ensure safety and to improve the quality of life in our community through education, professionalism and diligent crime prevention."
- "In addition to living out our mission statement, each officer takes the following oath in their first days of serving our community."
- "I a police officer for the City of Carthage, a soldier of the law. To me is entrusted the honor of this department."
- "I must serve honestly, faithfully, and if need be, lay down my life as others have done before me, rather than swerve from the path of duty."
- "I will never steal or cheat, not will I lie to any citizen, superior or fellow officer about any subject, no matter how small."
- "It is my duty to obey the law and to enforce it without any consideration of class, color, creed or condition and without fear of favor."
- "I will help those in danger or distress, and at all times so conduct myself so as to always uphold the honor of this department."
As a department, we know these ideals are high, somewhat lofty and difficult to achieve. No matter how much we accomplish or how good we get, we know that we must strive to do better each day in the service of our community and we are always working in pursuit of that goal. Thank you for visiting our website. Please feel free to contact our department with any questions not answered on this website.