- Park curfew is enforceable between the hours of 11 pm and 5 am.
- No glass containers.
- No firearms or other weapons.
- Take your pet for a walk in the parks! Just keep them on a leash, and thank you for bagging their by-products.
- A fishing license is required to fish in area ponds and lakes if you're over the age of 16 years. Practice "catch and release" so that more fish can attend school!
- City of Carthage trails, ponds, lakes, and parks are not friendly to horses, watercraft, and motorized means of travel. Electric motor watercraft are allowed in Kellogg Lake.
- Visit the City of Carthage public pool for swimming; ponds, lakes, and creeks are reserved for wildlife. Swimming is allowed in Spring River.
- Fires and launching rockets require a permit from the Fire Marshall and Director of Parks and Recreation.
- Trees on the City of Carthage land are protected! Protect yourself, and do not cut or remove any wood for any purpose. Do not collect or remove plant material, grass, sand, or fertilizer as well.
- For safety reasons, tethered, gas-operated, and radio-controlled flying devices are not allowed in the City of Carthage park's air-space. Radio-controlled boats are allowed in lakes or ponds.
- Do not putt, chip, drive or otherwise hit golf balls except as permitted at The Carthage Golf Course.
- It is unlawful to practice, carry on, conduct or solicit for any trade, occupation, business, or profession, or to circulate any petition on public property, including City of Carthage parks. It is also unlawful to park or operate a commercial vehicle or trailer on public park property except as authorized by the Director of Parks and Recreation when on officially approved business or while attending a park function.
- Do not participate in the following without the prior written approval from the Director of Parks and Recreation: overnight camping or any structured camping, selling drinks, merchandise, services and confections, sound amplification (e.g. radios, musical instruments, PA systems), organized sporting activity, the discharge or exhibition of fireworks, the use of bows and arrows, slingshots, rockets, paintball guns, potato guns, etc.
Please call Carthage Parks and Recreation at 417-237-7035 if you have questions, need assistance with park guidelines, or would like to rent a park pavilion.