The Carthage Fire Department currently has openings for the position of firefighter. We will be filling these positions immediately.
Provisions for Employment for Carthage Fire Department:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be Missouri State FF-I and FF-II certified, IFSAC approved
- Must be able to obtain a Missouri Driver's License
- Must agree to reside within a 15-mile radius of the Carthage Fire Station, located at 401 W. Chestnut, in the City of Carthage, within 9 months of employment.
- Must agree to adhere to all policies (i.e. grooming, tattoo, conduct, etc...)
- Must maintain a functioning telephone at your place of residence
- Must pass all background checks
- Must agree to and pass a pre-employment physical if selected
- Must fill out an application with the fire department and provide copies of a current driver's license and all applicable certifications prior to interviewing
- Overtime pay/ 10 paid Holidays with double time pay
- Sick leave with accumulation of 720 hours max
- Health Care insurance provided for the employee/ with spouse and children coverage available
- Pension paid by the City
- California Swing Shift schedule )1 on - 1 off- 1 on - 1 off- 1 on - 4 off)
If you meet the qualifications please apply online.